Saturday, July 22, 2006

First Assignment at Woodleaf




For months and months Chris Blake and Scotty Hansen and I prepared to serve at Woodleaf on assignment as the Program team. Chris is wonderfully organized and Scotty is hilariously witty and humorous! We headed up to Woodleaf... mind you I was SO exhausted, Greg and I got engaged and my mind had not stopped being in la la land, I had pulled two all nighters to finish my senior project at Cal Poly designing a winery and vineyards complete with a resort and spa, finished packing all my belongings to storage, and with Lacy's help created my program costumes. I was exhausted! God was amazing and gave me a surreal energy to lead songs upfront and awesome events for 400 kids all to break down walls so they could hear the good news of Jesus! Through this assignment I realized I loved being upfront, I loved getting creative and I loved the amount of detail that went into pulling off camp! Woohoo! First assignment with Young Life and I loved it!

0 comments: