Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! We've had a few different guests stay the weekend or come for dinner since we've moved in and have loved every minute of hosting in our new home! (I especially love it! And Greg, well, he's learning to love it : ) I've had the urge to have friends over although our house is not at all complete!  I have also been really enjoying spending time with my college aged friends that are now coming to our Young Life College Fellowship, are new leaders in our area, etc. so at last week's college fellowship I invited them all over for Saint Patrick's Day dinner and game night! So fun! I loved picking the menu..all green of course!  Since most college students dislike Cabbage and I do not know how to make Corn Beef...we had Green Mexican food instead haha! 


Shopping List: My mission was to find ALL green food products!

HORS DEVOURS:
Guacamole Chips
Guacamole
Basil and White Bean Hummus
Green French Bread- Thank you Safeway for getting creative! 

BEVERAGES: 
Farolitos (Green mexican lime drink) (Safeway, Mexican Food aisle)
Green mini Gatorades
Emerald Isle Punch (see recipe below)
    Ingredients:
 -1 Can Frozen Limeade Concentrate
 -1 Qt. Lime Sherbert ( I could not find this anywhere, so I got orange and made it into the "Pot of Gold" instead : )
-2 Litres Lemon Lime Carbonated Soda (7-Up)
-4 Cups Crushed Ice
    Mix together Frozen Limead and Sherbert. When ready to serve to guests pour 7-Up and ice       into limeade/sherbert mixture and it will start to fizz and make a fun drink!
Limeade
San Pelligrino's (Trader Joe's)
Source Perrier (Trader Joe's)

MAIN COURSE:
Chili Verde Enchiladas
Chili Verde Sauce on top (Trader Joe's)
Mexican Rice
Beans (Made in my new bean pot from the Okun's!) I believe it's called an oye!


1 comments:

Holly Walton said...

WOW!!! Welcome back. It looks like you guys have been so busy with the house. I love the tall ceilings!! I'm so happy for you guys. Looks like you have a little work ahead of you but it will be so worth it!! Take care Bree & I hope that we will get to see you guys soon!!