Saturday, January 23, 2010

A little sunshine in the midst of big storms = garden time!

I have been dying to get out in the gardens! My amazing husband has planted hundreds of bulbs (daffodils, tulips, and others) and they are all shooting up! The daffodil stems are about a foot tall and the tulips are around 4 inches. We did not get our paper whites in yet.. is it too late?


So since I have done nothing in the garden for a month it has been quite neglected! (maybe I feel neglected? hmm? Gardening IS quite therapeutic. Cliche I know, but true.) Nevertheless, Greg is turning into quite the amazing gardner so he has been keeping up while I was away..but still! I need to get out there! So right after I am done typing this...outside I go! But before I go, I want to share with you a little monthly calendar that I found VERY helpful as a new gardner in 2009. Before I went outside, I had to look up the January 2010 calendar. I looked at it, found it helpful, and wanted to quickly share it with you before I forgot!

Here's the link to January calendar. Hope it helps! I subscribe to their emails and love them! They are far and few between and I wish they came more often, but I have the website or the monthly web magazine bookmarked and frequently visit.

PS: I just went back to look at the website to see who the editor is so I can give credit where credit is due..no wonder why I love the Weekend Gardner Web Magazine! The editor went to Cal Poly College of Agriculture. Her name is Hilary Rinaldi.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not too late! :) get those paper whites in the ground! :) Happy gardening!